Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Any Thoughts?

"My thoughts," says the Lord, "are not like yours, and my ways are different from yours.  As high as the heavens are about the earth, so high are my ways and thoughts above yours."
Isaiah 55:8-9


I don't always understand the things that happen in my life.  Why was my cousin murdered?  Why did my Grandma die when I still needed her here?  Why have I lost people I love to cancer?  It doesn't always make sense.  This verse reminds me that the Lord knows what He is doing.  I don't have to understand why these things happen; I just need to trust God.

I think of the Jim Carrey movie 'Bruce Almighty'.  Although the premise of the movie is ridiculous, and I didn't really enjoy how Carrey's character chose to use the power God gave him, the part with the e-mail, Yahweh.com, did raise an interesting point.  When Bruce answered all of the requests with a yes, the world went into chaos.  The population exploded because people prayed their loved ones wouldn't die.  Everybody who prayed to win the lottery did, but once the prize was divided up the winnings were minuscule. 

The point of all this is that God knows what is best for the world and what is best for each of us.  He created the heavens and the earth, and He created us.  His knowledge is incomprehensible - or way above my thoughts.



No comments:

Post a Comment